Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli or 2 cups fresh broccoli, cuts
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or 1 cup turkey
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (see recipe #128089) or 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage or 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup 100% whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook broccoli until crisp-tender.
- In a non-stick sprayed casserole, layer broccoli and chicken (or turkey).
- In blender, blend together cottage cheese, egg, onion, paprika, garlic powder, curry powder, celery seed, pepper and sage or marjoram.
- Pour over broccoli and chicken.
- In small bowl, combine oil, bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.