Broccoli & Cottage Cheese Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix thawed broccoli and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or until eggs are set and casserole is heated through.
Join The Conversation
Yummy! We had this as a main dish with a salad this evening. I switched it up a bit, using a 16 oz bag of frozen chopped broccoli plus a 10 oz box of frozen cauliflower in cheese sauce. I also added some chopped fresh spinach and a handful of chopped fresh parsley to make it even more "green" LOL. I also added some green onion, Greek seasoning, and Seasoning Salt for flavor. Mine was pretty watery, but I just tipped the dish to one side and soaked it up (probably came from the cauliflower and the spinach and I squeezed the broccoli really good). I would recommend eating this lukewarm instead of super hot - the flavor was much better as it cooled off!!! Thanks for posting!
I used fresh broccoli with packaged egg whites in a carton. I used the correct amount of egg whites for the equivalent of 4 eggs but mine did not turn out to be quiche texture. It was more like the egg was there to keep the two cheeses onto the broccoli. All in all, this was terrific broccoli. I really like the flavor and I am glad I used fresh broccoli.