Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe for coronation chicken which i adapted from foodcheats.com, i made it my own by making some modifications but this great website gave me the ideas. This version comes extremely close to the deli style coronation chicken that you can get in most cafes in the UK. I make this recipe with a Jamie Oliver style hand and just chuck everything into the pan but food.com won't let me do that with the ingredients so please feel free to vary the quantities if you want something sharper, milder, sweeter, tangier etc...
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 dashes lemon juice
- Cook the chicken in an oven on gas mark 3 for about 30 mins in a covered roasting tin or cover with foil. This keeps them nice and moist and doesn’t dry the chicken out. Let cool down once cooked.
- Gently fry chopped onion in butter until very soft (about 10-15 mins).
- Stir in the curry powder and cook on a low flame, occasionally stirring for a further 5 minutes, coating the onion with curry powder and bringing out the full flavour. This is to take the rawness away from the curry powder. Let the mixture cool down.
- When onion mixture is cool, add the mango chutney, apricot jam, yogurt, tomato puree, raisins and lemon juice, mayonnaise and mix.
- Roughly chop the chicken up into bite size pieces.
- Throw chicken into mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Enjoy with jacket potatoes or in a sandwich or just on it’s own with good old salad!
Delicious. Served with a salad and Naan bread. :)
OMG, this was good! I used ghee instead of the butter and coconut yoghurt, but otherwise made as written. This was absolutely awesome, and I'll definitely make it again!! Thanks for sharing.<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014