Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is by far the best salad ever. I always get rave reviews with it and am constantly giving it out. Pretty much a mix of everything, with a great dressing. We eat this as a meal itself when the chicken is added. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, cut
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, cut
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salad: Add all ingredients, making sure the chicken has cooled before adding.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients and toss with salad when ready to serve.
- Candied almonds: Melt sugar on low, without stirring. Once fully melted, add almonds and stir until well coated. Quickly pour onto wax paper and let cool. Once cooled, break up and garnish salad.
This was good! However, I think it would be better if the ratio of lettuce to other ingredients was a bit different. There was so much lettuce and you couldn't really taste all the other wonderful flavours as much as we would have liked. I will cut back the lettuce a bit next time so the other flavours are more noticeable. I'll also add more chicken next time.