These scones are perfect with chili and lots of butter--OR pour chili over scones.
Make and share this Cornmeal Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk so dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Pat or roll into 7 inch circle on ungreased cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Score top into 8 wedges, cutting down halfway to the bottom.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet, carefully separate wedges.
- Serve warm.