Recipe by Lainey6605
The cornmeal really gives this chicken parmesan a Southern twist. Recipe is from Paula Deen.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I normally buy already breaded fillets to make chicken parmigiana but decided to do it this way for a change. The dressing mix gives a lovely flavour to the coating & the corn meal is great, makes the chicken look amazing. I also added some sliced tomato on top of the sauce, I usually add ham too but didn't have any. This was lovely, DH & toddler DD gobbled this up, oh & me! Thanks Lainey!!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal mix
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In shallow dish, lightly beat eggs.
- In separate shallow dish, combine cornmeal mix, panko and seasoning mix.
- Dip chicken in eggs; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Place in a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with pasta sauce and bake 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.