Recipe by weekend cooker
A fine recipe, with a delightful glaze, that will give great scent in your home. The glaze is home made.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
I love what cooking it in the crockpot and then finishing in the oven did for the flavor of the corned beef! I also liked that it put a crust on the corned beef, we all agreed that was unique and good. However, we also tended to ignore the excess sauce on the bottom of the pan. It was a tad sweet for our taste (even though the crust wasn't - you figure, I can't). Based on Tinkerbell's advice, I did not use the seasoning pkt that comes with the brisket and it was seasoned fine. Thanks for Sharing! Made for PRMR Holiday 3.
For the corned beef
- 2 onions, sliced
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 (3 -4 lb) seasoned corned beef
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced onion in large slow cooker, adding 1 cup of water.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper liberally over corned beef and place on top of onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Remove corned beef from slow cooker and place in ovenproof pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare glaze by combining all ingredients and spoon over corned beef.
- Bake for 30 minutes and baste occasionally with glaze.