Recipe by Impera_Magna
An absolutely incredible cornbread recipe! I don't remember where I found this one but it was while I was in grad school. I invited the crew over and made this recipe to accompany a pot of chili. All I can say is that it was excellent and much enjoyed! If there are leftovers, excellent reheated or toasted. A lot of ingredients but.... yummmmmm!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Absolutely incredible is an understatement. We LOVED this cornbread! It's colorful, cuts and holds together well, and tastes divine! The jalapeno adds just enough zip, without being hot or overpowering. Next time I'll go ahead and add the full can of corn. It took around 30 minutes for this to cook in the pan. Happily prepared for the Show Your Flour Power Challenge.
- 473.18 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml flour
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 314.66 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml canned corn, drained
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml grated onion
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in lg bowl.
- In sm bowl, mix together eggs, milk,& butter; add to dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Fill lightly-greased 12 c muffin pans ½ full w/ batter (or turn into greased 9"x13" pan).
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 mins (longer for pan) or til top springs back when lightly pressed; remove from oven.
- Let cool before turning muffins out.