Recipe by Linda's Kitchen
I've been making this dish for about 25 years, and I don't remember where I got the recipe. It is easy and very good. I sometimes add sliced black olives and frozen corn works just as well as canned.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown meat; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, corn, green pepper and tomato sauce.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Prepare cornbread mix as directed and add half the french fried onions to the batter.
- Spoon around the outer edge of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and remaining onions.
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer.