Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an all time favorite. My family thinks this has to be at all gatherings. They think this should always be on the table. I have a large family so I always double it and make 2 layers.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 -8 ounce sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pan or iron skillet.
- Mix together the meal, egg, milk, and oil. Pour in the greased pan. Bake until golden brown.
- Let the cornbread cool.
- This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Mix together sour cream, mayo, and ranch mix; set aside.
- Layer crumbled corn bread, pintos, corn, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and spread the Ranch over the top.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top.
- Put in the frig and let chill.