Recipe by Childrens Minister
This salad has an amazing flavor. My most requested recipe hands down! The Greek Seasoning add a fantastic flavor. This will be a big hit anytime you serve it. Great for church pot luck! Easily doubles (I've had to quadrouple before)
Top Review by charlie #5
Made this yesterday and it was a hit. Everybody liked it which actually surprised me. It makes a lot. Believe I will take it to potluck at church next time. <br/><br/>I only used about 1 1/2 t of the Greek seasoning because I was unfamiliar with it. I will likely try a bit more next time.
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium red peppers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Cornbread according to package directions, adding Ranch seasoning and Cavendar's to mix.
- I usually add 3 tablespoon of Cavendar's, but love the flavor and have been known to add more.
- Bake according to package directions, cool.
- (Can be prepared a day ahead) Crumble Cornbread in a large bowl.
- Add bacon, onions, and peppers.
- Stir well.
- Add mayo 1/4 cup at a time until cornbread begins to bind.
- Usually takes 1 cup, may take less.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and stir again.
- Taste again adjust for dryness by adding more mayo tablespoons at a time.