Chef #1016337 Sweet Livin''s Note:
This cornbread is sweet and delicious. Try it plain first. Vegan and gluten free. The almonds and cornstarch replace the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and all purpose flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop the almonds, the add them (dry) to a blender. Blend until a fine meal consistency. Add the water and blend until smooth. Do not strain.
- 2In a glass baking bowl or cassarole dish, combine all dry ingredients. Blend well.
- 3Add the heavy almond milk mixture from the blender to the bowl of dry ingredients. Blend well.
- 4Bake at 400 deg F, 12-15 minutes, until golden on top. (No need to preheat or grease anything.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Heaven (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g