From a 1980's BHG Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw fish. Cut into 4 X 1 inch strips.
- 2Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, soda, and salt.
- 4Add onion and chili peppers.
- 5Beat together buttermilk and eggs.
- 6Stir into cornmeal mixture along with shortening.
- 7Spread batter in greased 12 X 7 1/2 X 2 inch baking dish.
- 8Place fish in rows on top of batter; press into batter.
- 9Stir together butter and mustard.
- 10Spread over fish.
- 11Sprinkle with paprika.
- 12Bake in oven 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Fish Bake
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 918.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g