Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a 1980's BHG Magazine
Make and share this Cornbread Fish Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Thaw fish. Cut into 4 X 1 inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, soda, and salt.
- Add onion and chili peppers.
- Beat together buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir into cornmeal mixture along with shortening.
- Spread batter in greased 12 X 7 1/2 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Place fish in rows on top of batter; press into batter.
- Stir together butter and mustard.
- Spread over fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes.