Recipe by vlynn
This is my mom's signature dressing. She is in big trouble if she doesn't fix it for the holidays. Enjoy!
- 15 cups bread
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 teaspoons sage (I don't always use that much-I start out with less and do the taste test)
- 2 cups diced celery
- 4 diced onions
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble cornbread and measure in large mixing bowl. Fill out needed cups of bread with day old white bread torn into pieces (I have used biscuits or wheat bread also).
- Mix bread and seasonings.
- Add celery and onions and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add giblet broth to desired moisture (I use both broth from the turkey and store bought chicken broth).
- Put in well greased dish.
- Cover tightly and bake 30-40 minutes @ 350.