Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe is from Tabasco.
- 8 cups crumbled toasted cornbread (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Place cornbread in a large bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chorizo and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove chorizo from pan and add to cornbread.
- Add bell pepper and onion to drippings in skillet and cook over medium heat until softened. Add 1/2 cup broth to skillet and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add to cornbread along with parsley, TABASCO Chipotle Sauce, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add additional broth 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached (when stuffing holds together slightly). Spoon stuffing into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer.