Recipe by Lori Leach
Got this from a friend :)- quick, easy VERY tasty casserole. Everyone LOVES it!
Top Review by GinnyP
Great kid friendly recipe and for adults who like zip, I would add chopped green chiles or jalapenos. I made the recipe as directed, but I think it would be just as good without the butter or less of it. The cream corn was fine added as is, but the other corn should be drained. After we sopped up the liquid and butter that made it's way to the top of the casserole (with paper towels), we put it back in the oven and eventually even turned on the broiler for a few minutes. It was still a little soupy, but it set up nicely after sitting out for half an hour. Almost forgot, there were two changes I made: one was to use red bell pepper because it's my favorite and the other was to use corn bread mix by Dietary Specialties (I need to eat gluten-free). And one little tip I recently learned; If you find yourself without creamed corn, just whiz a (drained) can of whole kernel corn in your cuisinart or blender. Two or three pulses will do. Creamed corn is simply split corn kernels (no cream). Thanks Lori, for a recipe my teenager's will actually eat! : )
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion and green pepper.
- Combine onion mixture with the corn and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Mix cornbread according to directions and pour into baking dish.
- Drop butter by TBS on cornbread.
- Pour corn mix into dish over corn and top with cheddar.
- Bake at 350* for 30 mins.
- or until cheese is golden brown.