Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- You can use a full cup of sugar if you like sweeter cornbread.
- Pour batter into a greased pan (9in. round).
- Let for approximately 35-40 min or until golden.
- Insert toothpick in the center to check (toothpick will be clean).
- Let stand for 5 minute.
I very simple and delicious cornbread. I used a little less sugar than called for and used it for the top in recipe#311614.
Very yummy and very easy to prepare. I made it on the sweet side using 1 cup of the sugar. Thanks for posting.
This made a great cornbread. I changed the veg. oil to butter and added a pinch of salt. I will definitely make this again