1/1 Photo of Corn, Tomato and Basil Salad
3 hrs 15 mins
This is a great salad for BBQ's or picnics. It can be made ahead of time and transports easily. I did find that it is better not to store too long because it turns the salad an unappetizing brown color otherwise. From Bon Appetit Weekend Entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using large knife, cut corn kernels from cob.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat.
- 3Add half of garlic to each skillet; sauté 1 minute.
- 4Add half of corn to each skillet; sauté until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add half of basil to skillets.
- 7Transfer corn mixture to large bowl.
- 8Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, 6 tablespoons oil and remaining basil, dividing equally.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover; chill 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn, Tomato and Basil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g