Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great salad for BBQ's or picnics. It can be made ahead of time and transports easily. I did find that it is better not to store too long because it turns the salad an unappetizing brown color otherwise. From Bon Appetit Weekend Entertaining.
- Using large knife, cut corn kernels from cob.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat.
- Add half of garlic to each skillet; sauté 1 minute.
- Add half of corn to each skillet; sauté until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add half of basil to skillets.
- Transfer corn mixture to large bowl.
- Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, 6 tablespoons oil and remaining basil, dividing equally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover; chill 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
I did not have quite enough regular basil so used a tiny bit of lemon basil and mostly yellow corn.
Good summer salad recipe.