Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is a very good, make ahead salad. Great with BBQ brisket sandwiches as a change of pace or for a pot luck. I love recipes that I can make ahead of time like this. Thanks for posting.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 2 ounces diced pimentos
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- After you have finely chopped the green pepper, onion and celery, add to a large bowl with the corn and pimento.
- Gently combine.
- Place sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sugar mixture over the veggies and refrigerate for several hours, best overnight.