Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a spicy dish with corn kernels and chopped mushrooms which goes with Indian Chappathi. Also with other cuisines like fried rice, toasted bread etc. This is a gravy which can be served even with plain rice with a tinge of ghee on it.
- Wash and boil the corn kernels or get a tinned boiled one from your grocery store.
- Wash mushrooms and remove the dirt neatly.
- Finely grind onions and tomatoes into a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the dish and put some oil. Once you can feel the oil heat, put cloves, bay leaf and star anise to it. Toss it a bit.
- Now add the paste of Onion and tomatoes. Add some red chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder to the mixture.
- Add water to this and bring it to boil until you notice a thin layer of oil come up separately.
- Add half cup of milk to this. Now add corn kernels and mushrooms with some salt and boil closed.
- Finally mix cornflour to quarter cup of water and mix it with the dish. In few minutes the gravy will thicken.
- Top it with a spoon of fresh cream and finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot!