Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a quick, tasty alternative to regular ol' corn muffins! From time to time, I'll toss in about a half cup of cheddar cheese and sprinkle some on top just to add a bit of extra kick:)
- 2 2⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine milk with butter.
- Add milk and butter mix to the cornmeal mixture, whisking gently until just combined.
- Toss in green onions.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Pretty tasty! Not your typical type of cornbread muffin, but it is strangely addicting. I tried it with hotdogs too, works great!
Rather bland recipe. We ate this cornbread with butter to give it a little extra taste.
I chose this recipe because I was out of eggs and this corn muffin didn't require any. I cut it in half, and used white whole wheat flour, splenda, fat free skim milk, and smart balance butter. What a tasty, healthy muffin! Next time I'll do half sugar and half splenda to cut back on the bitter after taste. I cut up a couple of hot dogs and stirred them into the batter and omitted green onions to turn it into a main dish lunch for my 6 and 3 year old sons. They thought it was OK. I thought it was 5 stars! Cutting it in half yielded 6 bigger than average muffins. I will make this again. Thanks for posting an eggless muffin recipe!