Recipe by Scotty & Callie's Mom
Delicious, chewy treat. Better than rice krispy treats. We have used Cheerios too.
Top Review by Amy C.
I've made these for years, and these are the ratios I use. Choose your brand of cornflakes carefully--I find Kellogg's to be too thin & dry (they shatter when you are blending them). Also, just as you take the marshmellow/butter mixture from the heat, ADD 1 t. of flavor extract (almond is our favorite, but vanilla is good too), and a few drops of food color if you like. We often add green food color, shape it into a Wreath, and press red gumdrops into the top :-)
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packageregular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- shredded coconut (optional) or raisins (optional) or chocolate, chip ect. (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, add corn flakes , and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or buttered fingers, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan.
- When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
- Serve, and enjoy!