photo by najwa
- Ready In:
- 4 cups of your favorite cereal
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup or 1/2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (like Nutella) or 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, if using corn syrup (or if you want an added sweetness to your recipe)
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar & corn syrup.
- Stir occasionally and bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over cereal; stir to coat.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Cool about 15 to 20 minutes Invert onto cutting board; remove plastic wrap. Cut into bars. (Or you can drop by the teaspoon on wax paper instead of placing into pan).
- (For microwave directions, Prepare pan in step 1 as above.
- In 2 quart microwavable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup & peanut butter. Microwave on high, stirring twice, 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and sugar has dissolved. Complete as in step 7 and on).
- (You can also drizzle melted chocolate over cereal bars or make a flavored glaze and drizzle over bars, the possibilities are up to you! Have fun!).
- For non Apian Vegetarians/Vegans do not use the honey. Ask before making if you are making this for a gift to be sure they consume honey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking just about anything and everything. "Love is like quicksand; the deeper you fall in the harder it is to get out."