Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is quite different. I didn't drain the corn and it came out perfectly. The cheese gives it a nice bite to add to the sweet peppers and onions.
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped fine
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet, sauté the green pepper and onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the flour, creamed corn, salt and pepper. Add cream cheese and stir in the whole kernel corn. Stir until cream cheese melts, add Swiss cheese and pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons butter, melted and sprinkle over top. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.