Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my aunt-in-law.. if that exists. This is so easy to put together and even better to serve. Perfect when entertaining guests since you can start it ahead of time. Let it cook while you enjoy the comapny of your guests. We also make this on weekends so we have leftovers for the week days (as we are dual working parents).
- 1 (4 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingrediants.
- Pour into greased / non-stick spray 8 x 8 casserole dish.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and center is firm. Finished casserole should be slightly firm, but not soupy.
Our family has used this recipe for years. It is a Jiffy cookbook recipe. The only difference is that the whole corn is not drained. It is super good with chopped Jalepeno peppers added, (canned are fine). A little chopped parsley also makes a nice presentation.