Black Bean, Egg & Corn Casserole
This is a great breakfast dish that comes together quickly. Perfect for a holiday morning! You can make it ahead of time, put it in the refrigerator and then just pop it in the over and bake.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Preheat over to 325 degrees; grease a 9x11 baking dish.
- Saute onion in oil for 5 minutes; add cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Mix beans and onion, then pour into baking dish.
- Combine eggs, corn, milk, cheese, mustard, and cayenne in a large bow; pour over beans. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake until firm, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped herbs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a great fast breakfast! I made this for dinner tonight along with some pancakes. I didn't use the corn because I didn't have it on hand, but my husband really enjoyed this dish and wants to try it with the corn next time. I halved the recipe but next time will make the full size it's very tasty. I loved the flavor of the tomatoes and will add more next time! Thank you so much! Made for Spring PAC 2009Reply