Recipe by Melanie Murray
These are easy and delicious. Serve as a side or my family eats as an in between snack.
Top Review by DCKiki
This was a lovely, easy recipe. We had these for dinner with salads. I was expecting that these would be sort of crispy like cornbread, but as other reviewers have said they were like pancakes. I got 12 and they were very thick. I think that next time I may leave out a little corn so they spread more on the skillet and cook more evenly. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups cooked whole kernel corn, drained or fresh,drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, onion and milk with beaten egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add corn mixture to flour mixture; stir just enough to moisten.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls on a lightly greased griddle or iron skillet and fry on both sides until golden brown.