Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another potluck favorite. Doubles easily, & travels well. From Cooking Light Magazine.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, & beans. Mix well.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients: toss with bean mixture.
- Cover & chill at least 1/2 hour.
I made this tonight and it was wonderful! So easy and so tasty on a warm spring day. I left out the red bell pepper and onions since we don't like them, but added some already cooked chicken. I used canned organic corn (1 1/2 cans) instead of frozen since that is what I had on hand. It was nice to not have to cook the corn. :) I also used Splenda in place of the sugar. I will definitely be making this one again!
This is a nice salad. Very colorful and pretty with mild seasonings. Easy and quick to make and perfect for take-along to a picnic or BBQ. I liked this and will make it again.
Prepared this last night and had it for lunch today. Very filling and very tasty! Thanks Kizzikate!