4 hrs 15 mins
Oven roasted corned beef. This is the only way I make corned beef now. It is almost a fix it and forget kind of dinner. It comes out very tender and moist. Add some rye bread and you are all set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Open and rinse the corned beef.
- 3Place the corned beef in a dutch oven and sprinkle the seaoning packet over the meat.
- 4Add 1 cup of water and the bottle of Guinness. The liquid should almost cover the meat. If it doesn't, add a little more water.
- 5Cover and place in the oven.
- 6Cook for 3 1/2 - 4 hours. It should be fork tender.
- 7Remove the meat and place on a plate and cover with foil.
- 8Add 3-4 more cups of water to the juice in the dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- 9Once at a boil, reduce to a rapid simmer and add carrots, potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- 10Add onions and cook till almost tender. About 7-10 minutes.
- 11Add cabbage and cook for about 5 more minutes.(Just untill everything is fork tender.).
- 12Carefully place the corned beef on top of the cabbage to re-heat durning the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 13Slice corned beef across the grain.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Beef (Oven Roasted Corned Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (1869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1554.5
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 3979.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 73.9 g