Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very quick side dish that pairs well with grilled foods. It's very colorful and easy to make. (I wish my camera was not broken so I could show you how pretty it is!) It comes from Light & Tasty magazine.
- 2 cups corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the corn for about 2 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, onions, and garlic, and saute for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook for another minute or two.
Very nice and quick sidedish! We served it with BBQ Ribs, Rice & Peas and a green salad. Thank you!
We really liked this. I served it as a side dish w/some grilled fish and it added color and a nice flavor. I had some brown rice left over from the night before, so I added that in too. I used frozen corn, that worked fine. Nice, easy side dish. Thanks!
I enjoyed this recipe. It was colorful and flavourful! I had to use frozen kernel corn as that was all I had, and it worked out great!