1/1 Photo of Corn and Potato Chowder With Mild Italian Sausage
1 hr 10 mins
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups fresh whole corn or 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions.
- 2Cool slightly and slice into 1/2 –inch slices.
- 3In a soup kettle, melt butter and sauté onions until tender and lightly browned.
- 4Add flour, mix until smooth.
- 5Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- 7Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme.
- 8Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Do not allow to boil.
- 10Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions.
- 11Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Serve and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Potato Chowder With Mild Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 331.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links