Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups fresh whole corn or 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions.
- Cool slightly and slice into 1/2 –inch slices.
- In a soup kettle, melt butter and sauté onions until tender and lightly browned.
- Add flour, mix until smooth.
- Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme.
- Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions.
- Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.