Recipe by lazyme
A nice side dish. You can use leftover corn, and substitute green beans if you cannot find haricot verts. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb French haricots vert, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups corn (from about 6 ears)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, fresh, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shallot in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, and salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and lime juice.