Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in Womens' Day magazine and being the cheese grits fan that I am, had to try it. It's a keeper!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a shallow 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring milk to a gentle boil in a 3 quart saucepan; slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in corn, 1 cup cheese, scallions, egg, salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes more until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Made an adjustment or two as I did not have scallions or green onions, but my husband and I both liked this and will add it to our vegetarian meal file. Very easy to make.