Recipe by janchpn
Visually appealing and perfect with grilled foods, southwestern fare or other casual menus. Great in the summer with fresh corn....but for the winter, canned or frozen is great. Good with grilled chicken or fish. Make the night before for quick prep!
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 slice red onion, wedge (to garnish)
- 3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- salt, to taste if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients except for the garnish. Next, combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Screw on the lid tightly and shake to mix well.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and stir to mix well. Refrigerate, covered, at least six hours or overnight. To serve, garnish salad bowl with cilantro sprig and/or red onion wedge.