Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Canadian Living "Rush Hour Cookbook"
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 4 small baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tips from wings; separate wings at joints. Scrub potatoes and cut each lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- In large skillet, heat oil with butter over medium-high heat; cook chicken wings, turning once or twice, for about 8 minutes or just until skin is opaque and beginning to brown. Using slotted spoon, remove wings and set aside.
- Add potatoes to pan; cook, turning often, for about 4 minutes or just until all sides are beginning to cook and coated with drippings. Using slotted spoon, remove potatoes and set aside.
- In large bag, combine crumbs, coriander, salt, cumin and pepper. Add wings and potatoes; shake gently to coat with crumbs. Place wings on rack in shallow baking pan; place potatoes skin side down in separate baking pan.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered, in 375F oven for 10 minutes. Place chicken in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, potatoes are tender and crumb coating is browned.