Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! I have been trying to find a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that has a crispy outside, and a soft doughy inside. These are pretty dang good I think. The neat thing about them is you only need one bowl. No need for a wet and dry mixture. This is my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe so far on my "Cookie Quest"! From dvo.com
- 1 cup butter, softened slightly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup nuts, if desired (walnuts, almonds etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter and sugars until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add baking powder and baking soda directly into the butter mixture and mix VERY WELL!.
- Stir in the flour- mixture will be thick, use your hands to mix if needed.
- Mix in chips and nuts, if desired.
- You can roll balls of dough into small balls for a prettier cookie, but in my opinion- the texture is better if you just drop on cookie sheet in globs.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
These cookies were delicious. The only reason why I'm not giving it a full five stars is that I thought these would be better with less flour (2 1/2 cups) which they were but then in the name of science and in giving a proper rating I followed the recipe a second time; the consistency and taste was somewhat better in the first batch.
Great cookies! My picky 13-year old said, "mmmmmm, these are good!" I picked this recipe for the description, crispy outside, chewy inside, knowing that that is how my boys like cookies. I also really loved that it only took one bowl!