Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Coquilles is French for scallop. Fresh crab meat was added for another layer of flavor in this recipe. This is from my Southern Living cookbook.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or 3 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 4 (2 1/8 ounce) packagesfrozen miniature phyllo cups, thawed
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth; cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Gradually add half and half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and white pepper; set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and green onions; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir cream sauce, crabmeat, and wine into the scallop mixture. Cook just until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon seafood mixture into each shell.