Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very similar to the original without all the chemicals, additives and sodium.
Make and share this Copycat "uncle Ben's" Long Grain & Wild Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon dry chopped onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken stock (or 2 cup water plus 1 tbsp low sodium chicken boullion granules)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Combine all of the spices in a medium saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Add the both types of rice, the chicken stock and butter (if using).
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir to combine.
- Cover saucepan with a lid, turn down heat to a simmer and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.