Seasoned Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix- Uncle Ben's Style
- Ready In:
Dry seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
To Make Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice, dry
- Combine all of the ingredients as listed in Dry seasoning mix in medium saucepan.
- Add to this water, butter, rice and dry wild rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir once or twice just to combine.
- Cover pan with lid tightly.
- Simmer gently 8 to 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Makes 3 cups cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good! I used it in cream of chicken & rice soup. Strangest thing happened though, immediately after eating the soup, husband & I both had a sudden onset of migraine. We've both had cumin many times, same with turmeric - but perhaps not together. I have no proof of course, just a hunch.<br/>I really loved the flavors & appreciate you posting this! Next time, for us, we'll omit the cumin since we could specifically taste it.
This rice has potential, this is a really good blend of seasonings, but as written it was way too salty for our tastes. We even reduced the seasoning salt by 1/2 tsp and the salt was still overpowering from that and the bouillon powder. Next time, I am going to omit the seasoning salt entirely and reduce the bouillon to 1-2 tsp (taste-test after 1 tsp to see if it needs more). Also, we reduced the tumeric to 1/4 tsp as I often find it overpowering, and this was a good amount for us. Thanks for posting this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"