Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the actual Arby's Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe from the restaurant. This is a scaled down version, so I'm guessing on serving sizes. You may need to have more bread and lettuce on hand.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 ounces celery, finely chopped
- 2 ounces pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces apples, chopped (they use red delicious I believe)
- 4 ounces red seedless grapes, chopped
- 4 -8 slices honey-wheat bread, thick
- 2 -4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Use two pieces of bread and one lettuce leaf for each sandwich.
- 3. Slide lettuce leaf on to one piece of bread.
- 4. Put two large scoops of chicken salad mixture on lettuce leaf; top with other piece of bread.
Thank you for posting this! I love this, it's so refreshing. I added a dash of onion powder, dash of lemon pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce (I know, sounds nasty, but balances the sweet grapes & apple. I saw this in another recipe).
You should actually use 1 lb of chicken not 8 oz. And it should yield 6 sandwiches at 6 oz. They dont use a particular apple just what the distributor gives or what they can get at the store in a pinch. They do (like the commercial says) slice all by hand.
Why would you say you believe Arby's used red delicious apples when in your description you SAY this is the ACTUAL Arby's recipe? Wouldn't you KNOW what kind if this was the REAL company recipe?