Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad
photo by chickface
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2⁄3 - 1 cup mayonnaise, depending on how you like the texture
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread (or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread)
- Boil chicken until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat.
- You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week.
- After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm about to. One thing I'd like to add is that, having worked at a Chick-Fil-A, I know that they make their salad with leftover breakfast filets. So to get the right flavor, you need fried chicken (never boiled) and you need to peel off some, but not all, of the breading before mincing the chicken. Fried is the real secret of this recipe!