Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on the internet after I found out that lawry's had discontinued making their herb mix called pinch of herbs. This has been a staple in our family. Mostly for making our version of a greek salad. I also got my father-in-law hooked on it for his fish. The description was a pinch of herbs with a kick.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Toast sesame seeds(unless you buy them already toasted).
- Combine all ingredients.
- Best if you make ahead of time. The flavors combine and taste best 24 hours after.
It sure seems like Tarragon was in the original. As with anything containing Tarragon, a little goes a very long way. I shall try you version first of course. Thanks for posting.
added 1/2 tsp. Tarragon. That helped, still too much Cayenne pepper tho..