Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my all time favorite chicken tortilla soup! I could eat it everyday!
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 10 ounces chicken breasts
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1. In a large sauce pan dissolve bouillon cubes in 4 cups boiling water.
- 2. Add chicken to broth and simmer until cooked through.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
- 4. Add tomato paste, chili powder, hot suace, onion flakes and lime juice to sauce pan and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- 5. Salt to taste.
- 6. Cut chicken into cubes.
- 7. To serve place chicken, cheese, tortilla chips and avocado into bowls and pour broth over them.