Recipe by Pinay0618
I do love The Cheesecake Factory - I have never had a bad meal at any of their restaurants that I've visited, but I have to admit that I'm even more addicted to their pasta dishes than to their cheesecakes!
Top Review by Brittany R.
I LITERALLY had to stop eating to write this review. This is the WORST copycat recipe!!! This came out sooo awful - all you can taste is the one cup of wine - overpowered everything! I wasted money and time following this recipe and now I have a hungry family sitting in front of me. I'm so friggin disappointed. DO NOT USE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 red onion, Chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, Cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta following the direction on pasta package.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter until tender. Remove the onions, mushrooms and garlic and set them aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken, stirring frequently. Remove the chicken and set aside until later.
- To the same pan, add 2 tablespoons butter and melt over a low-medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir to make a roux. Slowly add in the wine, water and heavy cream, stirring constantly. Cook over a medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Add the parsley and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic and onions back in and simmer for 2 more minutes. Pour over the pasta and server with Parmesan cheese.