Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I do love The Cheesecake Factory - I have never had a bad meal at any of their restaurants that I've visited, but I have to admit that I'm even more addicted to their pasta dishes than to their cheesecakes!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 red onion, Chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, Cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta following the direction on pasta package.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter until tender. Remove the onions, mushrooms and garlic and set them aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken, stirring frequently. Remove the chicken and set aside until later.
- To the same pan, add 2 tablespoons butter and melt over a low-medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir to make a roux. Slowly add in the wine, water and heavy cream, stirring constantly. Cook over a medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Add the parsley and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic and onions back in and simmer for 2 more minutes. Pour over the pasta and server with Parmesan cheese.
Cooked recipe according to directions and it tasted horribly. The taste of the wine was too pungent and overwhelmed the entire dish. Asked spouse for second opinion before I tossed it down the drain and he seconded my sentiment.
This recipe is way off...either need to eliminate the water from the sauce or half the wine...ended up improvising and adding about 1/4 cup sour cream, 1.5 tbsp extra flour, another splash of cream and about a quart cup parm to thicken it and dilute the wine down...I would add the wine to the roux first to cook it down by at least half then add the cream...ended up turning out beautifully, not sure how close it is to Cheesecake Factory though.