Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy taco salad with a really great ranch flavor. Perfect for a light summer dinner and easy to double or triple to use as a crowd pleaser at summer BBQ's!
- Brown ground beef with onion until cooked.
- Add taco seasoning per directions on packet, let meat mixture cool.
- Combine lettuce, tomato, and cheese in large mixing/salad bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, crush doritos and add to lettuce mixture.
- Add meat mixture, stir.
- Toss entire salad with ranch dressing until well blended, serve cold.
only difference I did to it was I used some zesty cheese and some nacho cheese doritos. but I have been looking for a while for this particular recipe
I've had this salad before but the only change is that it was made with sauteed chicken instead of the beef and it was very very good as well! Can't wait to try the beef! Must try if you like mexican!! Hint: Do not mix this up until ready to serve, it will be too soggy. Mix and serve immediately!
Mrs Thompson to be... I think she meant light, as in not a heavy dinner. Not light in calories. However, I have to say this sounds yummy with the ranch. I've always made this with Catalina, and I think the ranch would be worth a try!