Recipe by Linda
This is a light and tasty salad which can be used as a main dish. I have shared it at church potlucks, and I think it would also be good at a bridal shower or ladies' luncheon.
Top Review by AmyZoe
Wow! This is a lot of fun and the flavors are completely unexpected. I substituted turkey for chicken and strawberries in place of the grapes. This is a recipe you can play with the ingredients a bit and have it still taste terrific. Thank you for sharing! Reviewed for A Day in Bargain Basement 2011.
- 4 cups cooked pasta, any shape (I use rotini)
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 large unpeeled apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill chicken and pasta thoroughly.
- Mix pasta, chicken, celery, apples, grapes, pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture with chicken/pasta mixture.
- Chill before serving.