Prep 3 mins
Cook 16 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From "Cooking Light Weeknight One-Dish Meals", with a short list of ingredients. Serving size: 3 ounces chicken, 1/2 cup pepper mixture, and 1 lime wedge. Serve with steamed long-grain rice.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, preferable Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen mixed peppers, in long strips and thawed or 8 ounces bell peppers, sliced in lengthwise strips
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lime wedges
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper over chicken. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add bell peppers and remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder to pan; saute 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Stir fresh lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into bell pepper mixture.
- Cut chicken across grain into thin slices. Serve chicken with bell pepper mixture and lime wedges.
I had a chicken breast that I had to use tonight and this was perfect. I made one serving and really enjoyed the mild curry flavor. Delicious and only 20 mins, how can you lose?! The chicken dish was done almost before the rice. This is a keeper.