Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a Nestle employee, I'd encourage non-Americans to use Smarties.:-) We also make red and green ones for the holiday season. (American 'Smarties' are a completely different creature... pressed sugar candy. Don't use them!)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups M&M's (use red and green for Christmas)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Layer ingredients in order given in 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach this to the Jar M&M's Cookies:
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookie.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, not diet, very soft; 1 egg, slightly beaten; and 1 tsp. vanilla (optional). Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
As a Nestle Canada employee I used Christmas Smarties !! Very quick and easy recipe. The kids liked them, but they sugested adding some chocolate chips to the recipe. I might just do that next time!