Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
a pie with a cookie crust, cream cheese type base, fresh fruit and then drizzled with an orange sauce - I had a similar recipe at a friend's house, and she forgot to give me the recipe, so I made this one up! I make it with blueberries and strawberries. I've also added a tablespoon of Bourbon to the sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350.
- Put butter, sugar, shortening, egg yolk, vanilla and salt into a medium bowl or food processor. Stir or pulse to mix well.
- Add flour and stir or pulse until well blended.
- Remove processor blade, and dump dough onto a floured board. Combine into a ball, and then flatten into a disk.
- Using a 10” tart pan (lightly greased), place disk in pan and flatten around and up the sides. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes (cookie will puff and fall back into shape during cooling) – remove from oven and cool on a rack in the pan.
- Stir sugar into cream cheese just until well blended.
- Spread over crust, top with fruit and drizzle with orange sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE:
- Pour the orange juice and honey into a small saucepan, stir in cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and boil until thickened, about 10 minutes, remove from heat. Do not chill sauce because it will thicken too much.