Recipe by Irmgard
This cobbler, which I found in Chatelaine magazine, is a little different in that instead of a biscuit dough topping, it has a chocolate chip cookie dough topping. Different and delicious! Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the berries into an 8-inch square or round baking dish that holds 8 cups.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Toss well to coat the berries.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the butter and remaining 1/3 cup sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat by hand or with an electric mixer just until blended.
- Do not whip the mixture.
- Add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; blend well.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt using a fork.
- Stir into the butter mixture and blend just until the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie mixture over the berries in the dish.
- Do not completely cover the berries.
- Do not smooth the top.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.